08 November 2010

Welcome! v1.0

Howdy folks, this is your host Shadow Jerusalem here... just a quick quick note about the blog, it's going to be fully online in the next week or so and expect design tweaks here and there.
Post zomBcon has inspired me to do more writing than I have been doing as of late especially with my introduction to the Zombie Research Society, Zombie Tools, Zombie Squad and a number of other local outfits dealing with the living dead. So for once I'm not alone and not the crazy one ranting about zombies anymore. Here is a statement of some of my intentions for this blog (or one on wordpress to keep with the zombcon and ZRS blogs, i havent decided fully as of yet):
-re-edits of my old works that never made it to Revenant, a series I call the Resurrection of the Zombie, it's a series about how the zombie has come into the mainstream over the years.
-a line of my articles I did for the zomBcon blog

-some of my research I've done for the Zombie Research Society, I intend to go into detail about them later
-advanced combat tactics I've developed myself based off material provided in Roger Ma's Zombie combat Manual
-a big project that I'm working on with John Farrell of ZRS compiling all the hard data and information learned from zomBcon from the top brains in their respective fields (psychology, medicine etc etc) and picking out key points
-also my own Fear and Loathing tale of the ZomBcon from the drawing boards to the front line security on convention weekend! It's quite the tale from start to finish!
That's just off the tippy top of my brain but I haven't even scratched the surface yet... my brain feels like a nice tall foamy pint of Guiness when it comes to zombie information right now, I'm bubbling over with it so it all needs to go somewhere. May as well be here!
So until the next time my droogs... Viddy well viddy well...


EDIT:
I just remembered something else, a truly chilling piece of information that makes my blood freeze thinking about it.
quick zombie lesson of the day: most infections or causes of reanimation are usually associated with either the whole brain or the frontal lobe region of the brain i.e. the classic 'Romero zombie' (but I try to disassociate from the films as much as possible when doing research but if it helps it make sense I'll make reference).

Recent research shows that another possible kind of infection could take place that changes the ballgame entirely

They even said it right at the end of the article, as if to slap me in the face, just like the virus mutating on Neville in I Am Legend... it all changes in a split second, taking everything you'd known and throwing it right out the window. So a simple shot right between the eyes is no longer accepted. However, it does mean being tactile and choosing your targets a bit more carefully since the amygdala is located in the back of the skull. I'll go into more detail about this later but figured I would at least try and be a good writer/researcher and be the first to debunk my own theories and ideologies seeing as how varying data has been introduced.
That is all.

2 comments:

  1. So a shot to the center of the face with a large enough caliber, maybe hollow point, I think that your "single bullet" should still work. At least I hope!
    Happy hunting- JF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call! Forgot about hollow points, dum dums too if you have the time or the means... except highly illegal in most cases... Thanks John!

    ReplyDelete