25 November 2010

Surviving Turkey Day

Survival tip of the (holi)day: Beware the turkey. Turkey contains an amino acid called tryptophan, when injested, especially while on an empty stomach (as will very quite possibly be the case in a survival scenario) causes the body to produce serotonin causing the person to grow drowsy and want to take a nap. Bear this in mind when eating on the run or any scenario where you aren't especially safe, but in a pinch it might help you drift off if you're having trouble. No one likes having to fight through the fog of having just been woken from a sound turkey sandwich coma.
Happy Thanksgiving from me at Single Bullet Theory!

Now if you'll excuse me I have a block of geeks to clear... that's what happens when you wake me up, I wake up angry. Lock n' load!

No comments:

Post a Comment