01 October 2013

Monsters in my Cereal Bowl: General Mills resurrects the Fruit Brute and Fruity Yummy Mummy this season!


I was so psyched beyond words when I first heard the news that this Halloween season General Mills was bringing the Fruit Brute and Fruity Yummy Mummy back. I had all but almost forgotten entirely about Yummy Mummy and had only been reminded of Fruit Brute by Eric Stoltz in Pulp Fiction.
My parents would never let me eat this as a kid and by the time I finally could later in life, they were gone. Until about 3 years ago when I heard rumors but never saw evidence of their witching seasonal release. I kinda feel like dancing... so on that note Let's Go Disco!


So today after obtaining some much needed government help with food, I sought out the rumors of vintage vintage styled boxes of this childhood-deprived sugary cereals of deliciousness. So after not finding them in the cereal aisle I came to find them right next to the checkout line. Strange thing though was that the Fruity Yummy Mummy wasn't covered under food stamps much to my frustration and embarrassment having to put things back. But on that note while my expedition for the Fruity Yummy Mummy continues, today's bounty included 1 box of Count Chocula, 1 box Boo Berry, 1 box Frankenberry, and 2 Fruit Brute. For now I am content to continue to rot my teeth out of my skull for the foreseeable future on these. 
Enjoy the first day of October kids, methinks this will be a most excellent season of evil this year. If this isn't a trip back to childhood and a simpler time, then readjust your thinking momentarily:
D'aww, aren't they cute?
Timmy would regret dropping acid for breakfast that morning...
The rest of us could only hope for a breakfast this cool

No comments:

Post a Comment