31 October 2013

Ultimate Halloween Mixtape

Death by stereo!

Horror movies have actually helped my love for music as well. Early on I associated songs with the movies they appeared it which always gave me a giggle from my own personal jokes at hearing Credence Clearwater Revival while clothes shopping or Clearing up the Town as a theme to a basketball final when I was a kid.  
This is a playlist of a mixtape I found on a blog almost 7 years ago... it compiles what I think to be some of the best songs from horror movies... it covers a wide variety of films, artists and genres... from the heavy metal of Motörhead and Megadeth to the sexy saxing from Michael Sembello to the punk rock of The Ramones and Dramarama, it even includes the wackiness of Weird Al and The Fat Boys!


01 - Alice Cooper - He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask) (Friday the 13th Part VI)
02 - Dokken - Dream Warriors (A Nightmare on Elm Street 3)
03 - The Dudes Of Wrath - Shocker (Shocker)04 - Motörhead- Hellraiser 3 (Hellraiser 3)
05 - .45 Grave - Party Time (Zombie Version) (Return of the Living Dead)
06 - AC/DC - Who Made Who (Maximum Overdrive)
07 - Dramarama - Anything, Anything (A Nightmare On Elm Street 4)
08 - The Fat Boys - Are You Ready For Freddy (A Nightmare On Elm Street 4)
09 - J. Geils Band - Fright Night (Fright Night)
10 - The Dickies - Killer Klowns from Outer Space (Killer Klowns from Outer Space)
11 - Divinyls - Back to the Wall (A Nightmare On Elm Street 4)
12 - Tim Cappello - I Still Believe (The Lost Boys)
13 - Ozzy Osbourne - Secret Loser (The Wraith)14 - Ian Hunter - Good Man in a Bad Time (Fright Night)15 - Michael Sembello - Rock Until You Drop (Monster Squad)16 - Metropolis - Darkest Side of the Night (Friday the 13th Part 8)17 - Autograph - You Can't Hide From the Beast Inside (Fright Night)18 - Fastway - Trick or Treat (Trick or Treat)19 - Megadeth - No More Mr. Nice Guy (Shocker)20 - Gerard McMann - Cry Little Sister (Theme From The Lost Boys)
21 - The Ramones - Pet Sematary
22 - Goo Goo Dolls - I'm Awake Now (Freddy's Dead)
Bonus Track - The Elm Street Group - Do The Freddy
Bonus Track - Weird Al Yankovic - Nature Trail to Hell


So as a special Samhain gift to you, my loving readers I have uploaded it so you all can have a Happy Halloween everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Horror Blogger Alliance (I know my welcome is late!)
    Stop by sometime.
    http://bloodybrooklynn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete