04 October 2013

Now I am Become Death, Destroyer of Worlds

The King has Fucking Returned! Long Live the King

Sweet Zombie Jesus On A Cross Holy Fucking Shit. Today dropped a literal bombshell on the internet with the early release of the long awaited Godzilla teaser for 2014 by Legendary. I wept.
They cleverly narrated the trailer using J. Robert Oppenheimer's commentary shortly after the detonation of the first atomic bomb, of which Godzilla himself was originally a product of said nuclear results. The sheer amount of bodies and destruction just glimpsed in the trailer alone definitely reminded us just why he is here. As a former Asian studies major once upon a time and studying the history makes me view it in a bit more different light then some but it achieved what I feel like was the original Gojira's message. Now that I've whet my appetite I can't wait to sink my teeth into this in the theaters... I pray they won't waste my time and money... there has yet to be an American Godzilla that respects the original... though this looks like a frontrunner for the title to me. Now for some show and tell history:

The original video of Oppenheimer's haunting words :

Now the trailer: (EDIT: Taken down by the company... hope you saw it or downloaded it yourself like me
And finally for your pure entertainment... see what happens when that pussy-assed overgrown Jurassic Park Iguana-wannabe that called itself Godzilla from 1998 tangles with the original Godzilla in the last released movie Godzilla: Final Wars...

(Spoiler: It's a short goddamn fight)



Only 2 hours and 26 more days til Halloween Boils and Ghouls... and I'm just getting started for this weekend... what a great way to start it!

No comments:

Post a Comment