24 September 2013

Origins - Oh No! There Goes Tokyo!

"Run to the hills, run for your- oh hell nevermind... RUN AWAY!"
It should serve as no surprise to any of you that know me personally that I have an extreme soft spot in my heart for rampaging monster movies. It all began with my love of King Kong slugging it out with the Tyrannosaurus Rex in the 1933 King Kong and quickly evolved from there once I learned of another, even bigger, more radical monster than an oversized monkey, an atomic dinosaur that breathed fire like the dragon of medieval times, the original and reigning supreme King of the Monsters Himself, Godzilla.\
There's nothing I love more than some good old fashioned monster pro-wrestling... two monsters (or guys in rubber suits if you prefer) slugging it out to the death. Whenever there's a Godzilla marathon on TV I always have to sit and watch at least one of them... even if they're dubbed, they never get old.
Godzilla's been stomping since 1954 and is looking to make an American comeback next year courtesy of Legendary pictures... here's hoping it does justice to the original that the Dean Devlin piece of shit could never hope to do.
My favorite movie though still has to be King Kong vs Godzilla purely for this moment as captured in internet .gif form

No comments:

Post a Comment