30 August 2013

The Death of Summer - Knee Deep in the Dead

See you next hunting season
If you were around Washington yesterday then you were more than likely caught in the summer's torrential rain downpouring that signified it's end. Yes fiends we have thus rounded the corner into the Fall and thus everyone's most favorite time of the year... already from my back porch I can see the hints of fall color beginning to spread. This season of evil I will be making the best of it all since, well c'mon 2013 should be my lucky year after all. Anyhow I'm finally beginning to break free from my rusty cage and I'm coming back with a vengeance. The creative turbines are coming back to speed and I'm realizing how much raw material I still have to work with with, with old classics, retro favorites and some digging up of corpses to do and not even to mention the continual onslaught of new stuff always coming down the pike. The rainstorm yesterday reminded me of Predator: Concrete Jungle

 But now onto something I mentioned earlier... the sheer amount of stuff I have available to review! Ye Gods man, even just getting through classics is going to take some journalistic time... but then an idea hit me, well several actually... so first off when possible I am starting an ongoing series imparting the same Zombieland wisdom with Double Tap reviews in an attempt to wade through this amount of corpses. I'm also going to start attempting to do themed weeks with ideas like When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth, Fists of Fury, special director or creature themed weeks. Other than that expect whatever comes to my twisted imagination to be seen here... one special thing will be on about how I came to love horror in the first place and another discussing how the zombie genre blew up the way it did....  
so start hacking and slashing through it all, stay tuned this long weekend for a "Long" weekend and by "Long" I mean Seattle zombie author Timothy Long. I have lots of backdated book reviews I owe him so what better way to spend it... first off is a reprint of my first interview with Tim about his story The Apocalypse and Satan's Gloryhole or Wacktards of the Apocalypse (depending on the version you're reading). So keep reading boils and ghouls it's just going to keep getting better so hold on to your butts... it's about to get Weird
"What better place than here, what better time than now... All Hell Can't Stop Me Now"

No comments:

Post a Comment