16 August 2013

NECA's San Diego Comic Con Exclusive 8-Bit Jason Vorhees figure


So it was excellent news when NECA announced that they were to be showcasing an exclusive figure at SDCC of Jason Vorhees as he appeared in the original pain-in-the-ass original Nintendo game in his striking purple and blue outfit. I had to have this figure but getting it would be no easy task. Having been tagged by a close friend and the only person I knew that ever actually read anything I posted during my tenure at the ZomBcon saying she was at San Diego I put to the mission of tracking one down, only to find out they were already sold out. So that avenue closed I inquired to the website themselves and found they would have more the next morning. I was up early on a Sunday morning a half hour earlier than was instructed just waiting for my chance.Just upon chance I refreshed the page to find them live. I pounced and claimed mine and good thing as within minutes they were gone again. It would soon be mine!
Even the back of the box resembles the classic NES cartridge case! They went all out on their attention to detail front and back, inside and out. See below!
The inner display box shows the game over screen I saw time and time again which is cool while the actual box is a direct copy of the old Nintendo box artwork. 
Jason and his weaponry glow! 

Jason looks pretty cool out the box, but this picture is as far as mine will ever get. I only unwrapped the plastic to properly display the toy. Word is an NES Freddy is next... which I must have as well... mwahaha... enjoy the video and the rest of the photos courtesy of NECA.
    He glows!
Oh if you were lucky enough to KO him, this is what you saw in victory! Jason laid flat on his ass!
Yup his mask is removable and whooeee is he ugly as ever! He comes armed with an axe and a machete!

 
And now the infamous music from the game that haunted my youth


No comments:

Post a Comment