16 August 2013

Song of the Week: Earth's Final Hour

"I'll point out the folly of man to ya!"
So this is a special video to me since it was a vision that was shared by my friend Schiefer aka RoguePred to my ShadowHunter from the old Gamegossip and Aliens vs Predator forums back in the day. I shared the idea of Manson's "Last Day on Earth" to the original Gojira (Godzilla, King of the Monsters here in the states). What turned out still gives me the chills to this day!
"Hi kids! Wanna play?"
Take Gojira, a movie rife with heavy social commentary about the horrors of man gone awry and filter it through the madness that is another modern version of man's indulgences, sin and vices and thrown back in our face in the form of Marilyn Manson in his song "The Last Day on Earth" from his Mechanical Animals album. The album itself conveys an overall cold sense of unfeeling, mechanical as it were and the lyrics are equally cold and dark like walking through snowflakes in the dark. Cheers Rogue, keep up the good work and we'll see you next time!








No comments:

Post a Comment