12 October 2014

Halloween Munchies!

I'm no stranger to raiding the kitchen cupboards at all hours of the night whenever I'm working... school or for pleasure here... Halloween offers the once a year opportunity to not only shop for household decorations finally but also have spooky fun munchies to go along with our inevitable candy caches. First up the Cheetos Bag o' Bones. These white cheddar puffs are in the perfect shape to form  human skeleton or if you're warped like me or Dr. Moreau, you begin playing God with them!

I saw these in an article by Dinosaur Dracula and knew then I need some, badly. Then about a week ago my beautiful partner in crime brings me a bag without even knowing these were on my shopping list for when I went on my annual Count Chocula Hunt. Have I ever mentioned I love her?

Mike and Ike Vampire Variety and Mummy's Mix:


Mike and Ikes were one of my favorite non-chocolate candies growing up.
The Mummy Mix is delightfully fruity mix that will fill my Yummy Mummy void with it's Lemon, Orange, Grape, Lime and Raspberry flavors while the Vampire Variety is equally good but not as vibrant with the flavors of Cherry, Raspberry, Grape Watermelon and Fruit Punch, but they are varying shades of red and purple... so I get where they were going.
Last I had heard Mike and Ike had since gone their separate ways due to 'creative differences'... but looks like I was wrong thankfully, I mean Twinkies going extinct temporarily was one thing (I've since heard they've been removed from the Endangered Snack Species List and are thriving in the wild once more), but Mike and Ike divorcing? That's almost too much...

...but speaking of comebacks! Ho-ho-ho was I in for a surprise when I spied with my little eye at the store the other day, none other than Scary Cakes!! (Dinosaur Dracula strikes again!)
Hello childhood my old friend
I've come to talk with you again!
Something about Hostess cupcakes and that oh-so-delicious orange icing... it's like the crack of my childhood...

Sadly there is no Yummy Mummy or Fruit Brute despite being told by the GM people otherwise... but there are these yummy treats however!
Count Chocula Treats
Boo Berry & Frankenberry Fruit Rollups
I need a small cache of all of these to munch sometime in February or March when the weather is miserable and Halloween couldn't seem any further away. The Count Chocula Treats definitely hit the satisfying craving for chocolate and the Berry flavored roll ups are the same fruity chewy gooey goodness you remember from lunch as a kid.

Speaking of which, the only thing still on Every Halloween Lover's Wishlist is the RETURN OF ECTO COOLER ALREADY!! The best we have currently is a recipe from Ghostbusters Chicago and a
  protest on Facebook to bring it back (which seems to have worked for Surge *HINT HINT Coca Cola*)

No comments:

Post a Comment