12 October 2014

Embracing the Great Pumpkin Season



The Great Pumpkin Massacre from
Fright Rags
Tis the season for fall colors, bags of leaves, hoodies, horror movies and home cooking... but also Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING. See after nearly 3 years of working at a certain green-aproned coffee chain I grew to hate the mere idea of pumpkin anything (except the bread, I could nosh on that all day). So as part of my full embracing of the season (something I decided to do early this year post-Williams suicide as a means of snapping out of my funk) I have decided to try everything pumpkin I can come across this season.
First stop: Krispy Kreme.
The first offerings of the season are the Pumpkin Cheesecake glazed donut and the Pumpkin Spice cake donut. The latter is AMAZING and I'm always a sucker for a good cake donut. It had just the right amount of pumpkin spice to it and the texture was amazing fresh out of the oven. I just wish I could've said the same for the Pumpkin Cheesecake. The brown crumbles on top I can only suppose were either supposed to be the spice or the crust of the cheesecake, I couldn't tell for sure. As I bit into the creme-filled donut my pallete was immediately overtaken with the sharp cheesecake tang with little to no noticeable pumpkin notes. If they were there they were lost in the cheesecake part. Stick with the pumpkin spice cake donut.


I tried for redemption on the pumpkin cheesecake by turning to Sara Lee... because I mean who doesn't like Sara Lee?
I don't, that's who
'Product may appear differently than pictured' has been said for good reasons sometimes




So next up I happened across these two odd flavors of M&M's: Pumpkin Spice and Candy Corn, which I will summarize as succinctly as possible:

"Hmm... ok, not bad, tastes like crunchy chocolate candy corn."

*munch munch* Gah! *ptoo!*
Ok... I knew this was not going to be easy... pumpkin can be a difficult flavor to pin down at some points... I might just have to take matters into my Own hands if I want this done right.


No comments:

Post a Comment