31 December 2013

I Believe In Harvey Dent Too

"There are two of you, don't you see? One that kills... and one that loves..."

Harvey Dent says in The Dark Knight, "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain," shortly before all that he loves is taken from him and he is left forever scarred and deeply embittered from the experience and downright half insane as a result... the embodiment of everything that was ever good in a man, a man that fought for truth and justice in the diplomatic way rather than by way of a cape and cowl; but no longer...

This year like the year prior succeeded once more in breaking me down right to my very foundations and leaving me more than just a little fucked up... I've definitely come to realize time and time again how easily I get burned and remain more or less unscathed but after all the drama and bullshit and backstabbing I've kinda just had it... usually I'm more or less a nice guy... lately though I've just had it.

I don't ever think I could ever go full chaotic evil... truth be told that whole categorization system is kind of lost on me... though I have always admired the anti-hero, that always suited me better... Captain America, Spiderman, Superman...? Nah, give me Wolverine, The Punisher, Spawn, Rorschach or Venom any day...

....that said, here's hoping everyone survived their version of 2000 the 13th alive and mostly intact. Call it a wish a hope a fervent fucking prayer or whatever you want but I've found my toast to the New Year to be:
To Better Ways
and Better Days

Cheers all, Happy 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment